Tuesday 10 January 2012

I never meant to do you wrong

So I'm almost settled back in to my little room at uni, with a bucket of tea (literally the biggest cup I've ever seen) and enjoying a relaxing moment to myself with nothing but Coldplay for company. It's so lovely to be back. I got back Sunday and barely even bothered to unpack, I just spent the day catching up with some of my amazing flatmates and neighbours. After long chats with everyone about Christmas, New Year, a lack of revision and an excess of eating, I managed to clear a space on my bed for me to collapse into and have my first night back at uni.
Today I had my first exam, it didn't go to badly (won't bore you with details), just another three to go now! I've got my room nicely back in order with cute additions such as pictures on my wall and another set of feathery fairy lights (super cute) so hopefully I will get some photos maybe tomorrow if it is bright enough! I was right about what I said in my last post, being back here I'm surrounded by other people who make me feel at ease. They are such wonderful distractions to being alone with your own mind for too long, and I couldn't be more grateful. I just got off the phone to my mum, I'm missing home a little today and trivial things that I take for granted there, but after speaking to her I know I will be fine once I get back in the swing of things here. Have any of you moved back to uni, how're you finding it again? Family and friends are only a phone call away, it's amazing how listening to somebody's voice can calm you instantly.

3 comments:

  1. I've been back at uni for a week now, and I have to admit that the month at home has interrupted my comfort here. I have two weeks off starting from friday, so I think I'm going to go back for a little visit and get myself back into the routine of not being there for too long. It makes me sad because I have such young siblings and I love being around to see them grow up! :( Oh well - I'm still adjusting :) I hope your exam went well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura: Yeah it's good to easy back in gently isn't it! And oh I know how you feel, I have young siblings too and at the risk of sounding like a granny they really do grow up so quick! xoxo

    @Jazzy: Thank you dear! I need it hehe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete