Tuesday 12 July 2011

A day of indulgence

It's currently pouring with rain out and I'm home alone, so I'm sat curled up on the sofa listening to the melodic raindrops and eating copious amounts of dark chocolate. I feel comfortable and content. I'm rereading The Hobbit by  J. R. R. Tolkien and it feels so enchanting to get lost in another world of magic and adventure, my ideal place to be on a day like today. My strong feelings of desire and anger towards him seem to have subsided, just for a while, and in their place lies serenity and peace. Knowing my emotions and how they tend to seesaw from one extremity to the other, this may only last a short while so I'm embracing today wholeheartedly with a meaningful smile on my face. Writing comes easy on days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment